The Bringing Baby Home (BBH) workshop is a research-based and research-tested psychoeducational workshop that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families. Developed by renowned relationship and parenting experts, Drs. John and Julie Gottman, the BBH program is perfect for those who are:
- Interested in having a baby
- Expecting a baby
- Already parenting an infant or young child
The goal of BBH is to equip you with the knowledge and skill sets needed to constructively cope with the various changes that typically occur during the first three years after your baby is born.
In the BBH workshop, you and your partner will learn how to do the following:
- Strengthen your friendship
- Increase intimacy and affection
- Work through conflict with greater ease
- Maintain relationship satisfaction
- Reduce hostility
- Create positive baby-child interactions
- Ensure quality involvement for both parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders
Not only will this program teach you what to expect during the transition to parenthood, it will also help you do things like:
- Better understand child development
- Create co-parenting strategies with your partner
- Improve the way you and your partner communicate, connect, and compromise
- Recognize signs of postpartum mood disorders and gain awareness of treatment options
Learn more about the research behind this program by visiting https://www.gottman.com/about/research/parenting/
Our BBH workshop is facilitated by Gottman Certified BBH Educator Sarah Kindig, LPC. Sarah is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Registered Play therapist with over a decade of clinical experience working with couples, families, and parents. In addition to being a therapist at Richmond Creative counseling, she is also a mother of two and a trained birth doula.
Upcoming workshop dates for 2018:
- January 20 & 21
- March 17 & 18
- June 23 & 24
Workshops start at 9:30 and end at 4:30. Cost is $250 per couple. All materials and light refreshments are provided. Babies in arms are welcome.
To register, email Katie Skinner at Katie.Skinner.RCC@gmail.com.