Southside & Virtual
Adults: 18 to 50
Primary Areas of Clinical Interest & Expertise:
· Anxiety & Depression
· Interpersonal issues: relationship stressors, setting boundaries, & communication skills; family of origin/attachment needs & differentiation process
· Life transitions and coping effectively through change & loss
· Adolescents & Young Adults
Kathryn (she/her) is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who offers a warm, empowering, and collaborative approach. Over the past 17 years, Kathryn has provided services in community mental health, outpatient and in-home settings, and at a residential treatment program. She has extensive experience working with adolescents and their caregivers.
Kathryn works with clients experiencing anxiety, depression, relationship stressors, and challenging life circumstances, as well as those exploring identity, healing from past trauma, and navigating different types of losses. She uses a trauma-informed approach, along with elements of family systems, attachment theory, and cognitive-behavioral therapy to support clients as they process life experiences, develop new skills and perspectives, and work toward their goals.
A native of Southwest Virginia, Kathryn enjoys adventures far and near, visiting the mountains in her free time, working in the garden, and exploring Richmond’s trails.
Master of Social Work (Clinical Concentration) – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Bachelor in Arts (Sociology) – University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Licenses & Certifications:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)- Virginia
While Kathryn is contracted with the following insurance payers, we recommend contacting your insurance company to determine if your plan has any restrictions or limitations:
- Anthem (Commercial and Medicaid)
- Aetna (Commercial)
- Molina Complete Care of Virginia Medicaid
- Optima (Commercial and Medicaid)
- Optum/ UnitedHealthcare (Commercial and Medicaid)